Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Director this position is responsible for campaign management, relationship and fundraising development, donor data, and donor acknowledgement in support of the agency’s mission. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified fund development.
- Established professional image in marketing, social media.
- Ability to build and initiate new relationships with marketing partners, vendors, donors and others; interact via telephone and in person.
- Experience establishing productive relationships with employees at all levels of an organization, volunteers, donors;
- Record of success in generating internal/external awareness and development of content;
- Ability to build and execute a multi-channel marketing plan that generates financial donations to an organization;
- Interpersonal skills, including networking skills, with strong working knowledge of social media and direct mail and its usefulness for marketing and PR;
- Strong team orientation. Must have the ability to collaborate with assigned project team(s) members to achieve action and success. Must be an excellent negotiator and collaborator
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of how to source potential funding resources.
- Knowledge of customary policies and procedures related to fundraising.
- Skill in composing and preparing original correspondence and other written materials.
- Skill in research and compiling data for a variety of statistical, narrative and other reports.
- Demonstrated skills in organizing complex, multi-faceted data.
- Skill in training and directing the work of others.
- Skill in respectful and sensitive communication with people who are diverse in their cultures,
language groups and abilities.
- Skill in the use of a database, spreadsheets, and a variety of other software.
- Skill in oral communication, including persuasive communication and public speaking.
- Skill in clear and concise written communication.
- Skill in communicating effectively with people at all levels within organizations.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team or independently.
- Skilled at building relationships and at ease in talking with people about gifts to benefit A Second Chance Resource Center Network United, Inc.
- Ability to build strong and mutually beneficial relationships between the organization, donors, staff, and external audiences.
- Interact effectively with community volunteers.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate activities and operation related to fundraising campaigns, projects, and activities.
- Analyze program effectiveness and accomplishment of goals.
- Analyze situations and adopt effective course of action.
- Develop and meet schedules and timelines.
- Train, supervise, and evaluate volunteers, student interns.
- Compile data for special and regular reports.
- Compose correspondence, memoranda, publicity materials and other written materials using a variety of computer software.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Generate new revenue, and establish obtainable goals for the organization’s campaign and
- Prepare and manage budgets to track and evaluate progress toward goals.
- Monitor and update campaign timelines.
- Ensures donors are acknowledged in a timely manner and that donor data is organized, complete, and up to date in the donor database.
- Serve as a contact person for donors who have expressed an interest or intention to establish a
scholarship or program fund.
- Effectively engage and partner with the organization’s board members in the fundraising process.
- Plan short and long-range schedules and logistics of fundraising events and campaigns.
- Work with committee to establish new ideas and relationships to execute campaigns and fundraising activities. Assure events and campaigns have a solid, active, working committee to assist with tasks, and monitor timelines and outcomes.
- Identify and work on grassroots fundraising activities.
- Serve as a contributing writer for the organization’s publications, social media and website.
- Research a variety of donor demographic, statistical, financial, and other data for reporting and planning purposes.
- Establish contacts and network with local business and corporations.
- Train and monitor the work of student interns and volunteers as assigned.
- Recruit volunteers.
- Knowledgeable and efficient with Microsoft Office
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job, duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required Education and Experience
- Requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or related field.
- Demonstrated success in executing marketing campaigns; nonprofit marketing/fundraising experience are required.
- Demonstrated skills in effective oral and written communication.
- Use of a database and a variety of computer software applications to prepare correspondence and other written materials.
- At least three years of work experience in fundraising/nonprofit fund development.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree preferred
- At least five years of work experience in fundraising/nonprofit fund development also preferred.
This is a commission only paid position; terms of employment are negotiable according to applicant’s education and work experience.
- Special Software/Hardware Skills Needed: Yes
- Special Skills: Required Education and Experience