"Our holistic experience model for the justice involved focuses on discipline and love."
Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Director this position is primarily responsible for developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, and will persuasively communicate ASC mission and programs to potential funders. The Grant Writer will assemble and submit grant requests, establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts, conduct prospect research, and maintain a calendar of submissions and other deadlines. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders.
- Assembling and submitting grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations;
- Establishing and maintaining personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts and program officers
- Ensuring prompt acknowledgement of foundation gifts; * * Maintaining calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports;
- Conducting prospect research
- Prioritizing projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines and manage supplemental material required for proposals’
- Providing writing support for major donor and individual contribution letters and acknowledgements.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job, duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- A high level of computer literacy required, including familiarity with databases; Excellent writing and computer skills, Microsoft Office; (Word, Access, PowerPoint and Excel) and database management skills.
- The successful candidate will be able to craft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner.
- Excellent analytical, and research skills are essential.
- Candidates must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly-organized, and have experience using online databases and other sources to locate biographical, financial, and philanthropic information.
- Candidates must possess an ability to work well under pressure and the ability to seek and synthesize information and communicate in a compelling and succinct form.
- Produce a quality work product within timely constraints.
- A solid understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants.
Required Education and Experience
- Requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications/English or worked in related discipline with a proven track record in grant wring and program development
- At least three years of work experience in grant writing
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master Degree preferred
- At least five years of work experience in grant writing
This is a consultant/contract paid position; terms of employment are negotiable according to applicant’s education and work experience.
- Special Software/Hardware Skills Needed: Yes
- Special Skills: Required Education and Experience