"Our holistic experience model for the justice involved focuses on discipline and love."
Direct Support Professional is to care for our residents and to encourage them to live independent, productive lives. The Direct Support Professional will follow guidelines and specific instructions pertaining to individual residents’ support, treatments, and care. You will assist with personal care needs, and encourage meaningful interactions between residents and the community.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Direct Support Professional’s duties include, but is not limited to:
- Assist in performing necessary resident care, including feeding, bathing, dressing, toileting and personal hygiene. Serves as a member of the treatment team.
- Trains clients in task-oriented duties evaluates and documents progress of clients on all targeted training objectives.
- SLED Background Check
- FBI Finger Print
- Child Abuse and Neglect Central Registry
- National Sex Offender Registry Check
- OIG and Abuse and Neglect Check
- Hepatitis B Series
- TB Skin Test (Annual)
- Drug Screen (Random)
- Influenza Vaccination (Annual)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Driver’s Record (10) years – (Defensive Driving Course DDC-8)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Individual and group behavior
- House cleaning materials, methods and procedures.
- Learn documentation processes in THERAP (electronic records system) as THERAP is subject to change/evolve.
- Learn and use guidance techniques in training groups.
- Understand and follow instructions.
- Communicate effectively with clients, departmental personnel and the general public.